Town of Chriesman
Burleson County, Texas
30 35.981' N 96 46.240' W Directions: Start at the intersection of FM-1363 and CR-315. Go 100 yards east on FM-1363. The marker is on the left (north) side of the road.
Text: (Originally "Yellow Prairie" 0.5 mile) Settled by Alexander Thomson, Jr., early Texas patriot and partner of the colonizer Sterling C. Robertson. When railroad came through in 1880, the settlers moved to tracks. Renamed, 1884, after Capt. H.C. Chriesman, surveyor for Stephen F. Austin. Now serves surrounding ranches.