Las Moras Masonic Lodge Building
Kinney County, Texas 29
18.680' N 100 25.037' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of Cook Alley and Ann Street. The building is on the northwest corner of the intersection.
Text: Built in 1878-1879 to serve as the first County-owned Courthouse for Kinney County. This structure served that purpose for thirty-two years. In 1911 it became the headquarters of the Las Moras Masonic Lodge, which was chartered in 1876. While the Lodge used the second floor, the ground floor was leased to the U.S. Postal Service for the Brackettville Post Office from 1918 to 1983. Over the years the building has also served as office space for Kinney County government departments.