Kinney County, Texas
29 18.838' N 100 24.875' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of Thomas Street and Ann Street. Go 200 feet east on Thomas Street. The house is on the right (south) side of the street.
Text: Yldefonso Montalvo (1855-1941), also known by the name Obed Woods, built this dwelling about 1887. He used cedar pickets, caliche plaster, and other materials available in the area. Originally the kitchen and several outbuildings stood nearby. The educated son of an English mother and Mexican father, Montalvo was a rancher and an employee of Fort Clark and a local mercantile store. He and his wife Guadalupe (Reschman) (1868-1953) and their nine children lived here.