Kinney County, Texas
29 18.690' N 100 25.094' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of Fritter Street and North Street. The building is on the southeast corner of the intersection. 114 North Street.
Text: In 1885 Dr. William Partrick commissioned adjoining commercial spaces at this site, operating a drug store in the single story and a dry goods store and hotel in the two-story section. Later outbuildings included a beer vault, windmill, elevated tank and bake oven. Dr. Partrick sold the property to R. Stratton & Co. in 1913. The Partrick Building exhibits the skill of local stonemasons in rough-cut ashlar limestone blocks and finished limestone lintels and windowsills. By the 1950s, a suspended wooden awning replaced the original metal balcony and a stabilizing concrete veneer at the base addressed recurring flood damage.