Guadalupe County, Texas
29 31.087' N 98 02.519' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of FM-775 and CR-411A. Go 1 mile east on CR-411A. The cemetery is on the left (north) side of the road.
Text: Friedrich Boecker died in 1880 and was buried at this site, in the southwest portion of his 203-acre farm. During the following fourteen years, eleven more people—all members of neighboring German farm families—were also buried here. In 1896, Friedrich’s son Heinrich sold just over two acres to cemetery trustees Fred Schultze, Jr., Fred Woelke and William Moltz, officially establishing Boecker Cemetery. An association was formed in 1901, and a $5.00 membership fee was established, allowing a voice at business meetings and burial rights for the member and his family. Boecker Cemetery continues today to serve descendants of the area’s original German settlers and their neighbors and friends.