Bastrop County, Texas
30 08.681' N 97 04.043' W
Historical Marker: German immigrants settled the Grassyville community in the 1850s and organized a Methodist church. Many gravestones in this cemetery are lettered in German script. The two earliest burials, Auguste D. Hamff and Bertha Kunkel, are both dated 1871. Seven Confederate veterans who served in Creuzbaur's-Welhausen's battery during the Civil War (1861-1865) are buried in the 1.5-acre graveyard. Although the village has disappeared, the burial ground continues in use. There are 130 graves tended by Grassyville Cemetery Association, which was established in 1963.