Rio Frio Landmark Oak 0002
Real County, Texas
29 38.255' N 99 44.212' W
The Lombardy Trading Company was formed in 1866 to an irrigation canal near Flat Creek. At first the town was known as "The Ditch,". When the town was being laid out Schoolhouse Mountain which is to the east of the town and this live oak were used as the reference points for the first lot of the town and since all additional lots were tied to the first, this oak is a reference point for the entire town.
Species: Live Oak (Quercus virginiana)