Llano County, Texas
30 44.970' N 98 40.572' W
Text: (Sept. 22, 1856 - Jan. 27, 1939) A native of Germany, Frank Teich studied under master German artists and sculptors before coming to the United States in 1878. By 1883 he was established in San Antonio as an accomplished stonemason and artist. His supervision of work on the State Capitol led to other jobs, including construction of the Tarrant County Courthouse and the creation of numerous Confederate memorials and other monuments throughout the South. In 1901 he founded Teich Monument Works near Llano, which resulted in the development of the area's granite production industry. He is buried in the Llano Cemetery.