Llano County, Texas
30 42.304' N 98 57.515' W
Text: 3 settlements were begun in 1847 on Fisher-Miller land grant by German Emigration Company, under Commissioner General John O. Meusebach. Castell: Llano County's first permanent town, settled with Fredericksburg pioneers. Only lasting settlement made on the grant by the German Emigration Company. Leiningen: site 3 miles to east. Non-existent today. Bettina: first communal settlement in Texas. Located where Elm Creek enters Llano River. Abandoned in less than a year, when supplies ran out.