Llano County, Texas
30 38.728' N 98 24.961' W
Text: Stretches between Llano and Colorado rivers westward almost to the Pecos. An 1842 grant of 3,800,000 acres from the Texas Republic, purchased in 1844 by the German Immigration Company. Commissioner General John O. Meusebach founded Fredericksburg in 1846 as a way-station to the grant. Negotiated peace with Comanches, to provide for unmolested settlement. Founded 3 towns in grant. In 1854 was appointed to issue headrights. Counties formed from grant: Concho, Kimble, Llano, McCulloch, Mason, Menard, Schleicher, San Saba, Sutton, and Tom Green.