First Christian Church of Llano
Llano County, Texas
30 44.808' N 98 40.484' W
1105 Oatman Street.
Text: First Christian Church of Llano This congregation began worshiping together about 1882. Early services were held in a two-room schoolhouse. By 1886, members were meeting in the county courthouse, and two years later, the church moved to this site. Early baptisms were held in the Llano River. The congregation officially became known as the First Christian Church in 1910. Over the years, classrooms and a fellowship hall were added to the 1888 sanctuary to accommodate membership growth and expanded programs. A part of the cultural history of Llano for more than 100 years, First Christian Church continues to uphold the ideals and traditions of its founders.