Center Point United Methodist Church
Kerr County, Texas
29 56.600' N 99 02.120' W
Text: In 1852, before there was a town here, Mrs. Henrietta Rees and her children came from Tennessee. Soon, she arranged for Methodist circuit riders to come to this area. One acre was bought for a church in 1872 from W. G. ("Gabe") Cocke and his wife Vanilla. About 1876 the Rev. W. E. Pafford and Turley Cocke built a church house. This site was purchased in 1883 from James Sellers. After a storm destroyed the first building under construction, a second was erected. This third structure was completed in 1911 by the men of the congregation.