Education in Hunt
Kerr County, Texas
30 04.184' N 99 20.315' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of Dutch Lane and School Road. The marker is on the west side of the intersection.
Text: Established about 1915, Hunt School combined the earlier rural schools of the North and South Forks of the Guadalupe River that served the children of the early settlers of Kerr County. Increased enrollment and river floods prompted the community to build the present school farther from the river in 1926. In 1934 citizens voted for incorporation of the Hunt Independent School District. Low enrollment caused the upper grades to transfer to Kerrville from 1938 to 1980. When grades 7-12 transferred to the new Tom Moore School. The Hunt School continues to serve the community.