Hamilton County, Texas
31 42.511' N 98 07.318' W Directions: Start at the intersection of Whitney Street and SH-281. The church is on the northeast corner of the intersection. 500 N. Rice Avenue.
Text: Organized Sept. 5, 1880, by Rev. John A. McMurray, evangelist of Central Texas Presbytery.Its building of early 1880s was first frame church erected in Hamilton; used by other faiths on Sunday evenings for years. Charter members included W. T. Cropper, Mr. and Mrs. A. J. Foster, Mr. and Mrs. R. C. Howard, Andrew Miller and D. L. Reynolds. Other early members were Robt. Miller and Mrs. Tom Brunk, Mrs. Jane Roddy and Mrs. Mary Taylor. The church was moved intact from original site at 119 South College Avenue; was incorporated in this new structure, 1947.