Weimar Masonic Lodge No. 423
Colorado County, Texas
29 42.110' N 96 46.809' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of Jackson Street and Center Street. Go 1/2 block east. The lodge is on the right (south) side of the street.
Text: The Weimar Masonic Lodge No. 423 ancient free and accepted masons began in Weimar in 1874. The lodge took members of the community and made them better men through the belief in brotherhood and immortality of the soul. Brother J.M. Cummins was selected to be the first worshipful master of the lodge. The masons taught basic moral truths, which applied to everyday activities in the community. The early location of the lodge was grange hall where meetings were held until 1893. They then met in a building donated by T.A. hill. The lodge has occupied this building for more than one hundred years. Many early Weimar community leaders were dedicated members.