Presidio County, Texas
30 18.615' N 104 00.341' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of SH-90 and Spring Street. Go .65 miles east on SH-90. The marker is on the left (north) side of the road.
Text: Formed from Bexar County created January 3, 1850, organized March 13, 1875. So named for the early "Fortress garrisoned by soldiers." Erected for the protection of the Big Bend missions. County seat Fort Davis, 1875, Marfa, since 1885.