First National Bank Building
Pecos County, Texas
30 53.170' N 102 52.760' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of Main Street and 2nd Street. The building is on the southwest corner of the intersection.
Text: Built in 1912, this structure originally housed the First National Bank of Fort Stockton. Established two years earlier, the bank failed during the years of the great depression. In 1935 the building was purchased by the Pecos County State Bank. Chartered in 1928, the financial institution was located here until 1960. The structure exhibits Neo-Classical styling and features massive doric columns that support an elaborate pediment.