Pecos County, Texas
30 53.570' N 102 51.414' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of Gatlin Street and Dickinson Boulevard. Go .55 miles east on Dickinson Boulevard. The marker is on the left (north) side of the road.
Text: Formed from Presidio County, created May 3, 1871. Organized March 9, 1875. On March 9, 1875, the following county officers were elected: George M. Frazer, Chief Justice. Cesario Torre, Commissioner. Francis Rooney, Commissioner. Hipolito Carrasco, Commissioner. Fort Stockton, County Seat. Oil was discovered in the Yates field in 1926.