Coryell County, Texas
31 22.768' N 97 54.735' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of CR-65 and FM-1783. Go .4 miles west on FM-1783. The church is on the right (north) side of the road.
Historical Marker: This site was in use as a burial ground well before it was formally deeded in 1880 for church and school purposes to what was then known as the Stringtown Baptist Church. A number of graves date to 1873, but unmarked burials may be earlier. Residents of King and nearby communities contributed their time and money to care for the cemetery over the years, and an association established in 1960 has organized this effort, providing for needed maintenance and improvements. Today, descendants contribute to a trust fund to preserve the dignity of this site that chronicles the pioneers and generations of the King area.