Coryell County, Texas
31 36.694' N 97 43.950' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of FM-182 and CR-233. The cemetery is on the northwest corner of the intersection.
Historical Marker: This burial ground served residents of the rural community of Turnersville (originally Buchanan Springs). Settled before the civil war, Turnersville boasted a cotton gin, stores, a school, and three churches by the 1880s. The interred here include many of these past residents, with ranchers, farmers, merchants, physicians, teachers, ministers, and military veterans among them. Cemetery features include interior fencing, curbing, and grave slabs. A cemetery association formed by 1900, but disbanded in the 1930s. The Turnersville Cemetery Association reorganized in 1953, and still continues to care for the burial ground. today, the cemetery is one of the few remaining vestiges of the Turnersville Community.