Clifton College Administration Building
Bosque County, Texas
31 46.587' N 97 35.195' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of 9th Street and Avenue Q. Go 1/2 block west on 9th Street. The building is on the right (north) side of the street.
Text: Constructed in 1923 as the administration building for the Lutheran College of Clifton, this structure served students and faculty until 1954, when the school merged with Texas Lutheran College in Seguin. The building was sold in 1954 and housed the Gearench Manufacturing Company for 27 years. Featuring elements of Beaux Arts classicism, the structure is a fine example of early twentieth century institutional architecture.