First United Methodist Church of Morgan
Bosque County, Texas
32 00.982' N 97 36.456' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of Charles Street and Louise Street. The church is on the southwest corner of the intersection.
Text: Organized in 1889, the Morgan Methodist Church first held worship services in the Baptist church building. At an 1891 revival, the fellowship initiated plans to construct this sanctuary. Originally a one-room structure, the building was enlarged in later years as additional rooms were needed. The Carpenter Gothic building exhibits some Greek Revival detailing and features lancet windows and a 1901-02 belfry.