Wilson County, Texas
29 13.219' N 98 06.528'
Historical Marker: The Shiloh community developed along Lodi-Sutherland Springs Road. In 1886, J. H. James and others sold land to John P. Pritchett for a cemetery, although the land was already being used as a burial ground. Pritchett also later conveyed adjoining land to the Methodist Episcopal Church South and to Wilson County to establish Shiloh School. The earliest known burial here was Florence Price (d. 1884). James Madison Smith (d. 1905) served in the 2nd Florida Cavalry C.S.A. during the Civil War. The last known burial was Thomas McDonald in 1939. Today, Shiloh Cemetery features concrete, granite and marble headstones, unmarked graves, and interior fencing. It is a historic vestige of a rural Wilson County settlement.