Crow Opera House
Erath County, Texas
32 13.230' N 98 12.170' W
Address: 187 W. Washington Street
Text: The first floor of this limestone building, erected before 1892, housed the Erath County National Bank, with Dr. M. S. Crow as president. His wife Mollie Jane Crow suggested use of the top floor for cultural events. The opera house auditorium, which held about 400 persons, was the site of theatrical productions, dances, and town gatherings. Its use declined by 1920 with the rise of motion pictures. Other commercial enterprises later occupied the Romanesque style structure.
Date Taken: 20-09-07