First Methodist Church of Stephenville
Erath County, Texas
32 13.171' N 98 12.254' W
328 W. Washington Street
Text: This congregation, organized in 1855 with ten charter members, traces its history to the founding of Stephenville. Early worship services were held in the Masonic lodge building on the town square. A sanctuary erected in the 1890s was replaced by this Beaux Arts style building in 1917. Featuring giant order Corinthian columns and art glass windows, it remains an important local landmark as the church continues to serve the community.
Date Taken: 20-09-07