Frio County, Texas
29 05.318' N 99 07.184' W
Historical Marker: Original 1.86 acre site given by James E. and Amanda R. Bandy. First burial was in 1875. Community acquired adjoining 3.6 acres in 1880 for a log church and a day, writing, and music school; added 6.2 acres in 1881 for a frame parsonage and church called Wilson Chapel and Salem Sunday School. Tehuacana Church moved to Medina County in 1900. Buried here are early pioneers: victims of 1882-1884 smallpox epidemics; twelve Confederate veterans; Levi Wilson, one of three original church trustees.