First Methodist Church of Eldorado
Schleicher County, Texas
30 51.677' N 100 35.997' W Directions:
Text: Established in July 1901, this congregation was the first church organized in the new town of Eldorado. Early services were held in brush arbors or in the local school building. In 1903 the church erected its first sanctuary and shared it with other denominations in town. In 1938 a new church structure was erected, and the old building was sold to the public school system. Though fire damaged much of the sanctuary in 1944, it was rebuilt by 1945. The church continues to serve the Eldorado community through a variety of ministries.