McCulloch County, Texas
31 13.557' N 99 12.587' W
Text: J.F. Crew of Ohio purchased land here in 1902 and later moved to McCulloch County and founded the settlement of Rochelle. When the Fort Worth and Rio Grande Railroad built a line from Brownwood to Brady in 1902-03, he was successful in having it routed through Rochelle. Later part of the Santa Fe system, the railroad played an important role in the area's early growth and agricultural development. The town's first depot burned and was replaced about 1912 by this frame structure. In 1956 it was moved to this site for use as a community center.