McCulloch County, Texas
31 23.669' N 99 22.499' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of SH-283 and RR-765. Go .3 miles north on SH-283. The cemetery is on the right (east) side of the highway.
Text: Alexander (d. 1896) and Isabella (d. 1898) Mitchell came to this area in 1878 with their children. Alex, a surveyor, farmed and ranched. Daughter Elizabeth Mitchell Bradley, a widow, reared her sons on her parents' homesite and, in 1900, deeded the original one acre for the family cemetery, where her parents' graves bear the earliest dates. Family members and area residents maintained the property, which became a burial ground for the Fife community. A cemetery association organized in 1973, and, in 1981, Bradley heirs deeded two additional acres. The cemetery chronicles early area settlers and their history.