First Baptist Church of Cameron
Milam County, Texas
30 51.056' N 96 58.765' W Directions: Start at the intersection of Main Street and Crockett Avenue. The church is on the northwest corner of the intersection.
Text: Itinerant ministers J. W. D. Creath and David Fisher organized this church in 1853. The Rev. T. M. Anderson became the congregation's first resident pastor in 1867. Membership was extended to the community's Mexican-Americans in 1914, and in 1919 the church joined the Milam Baptist Association. Church facilities have been expanded over the years to meet changing needs. First Baptist helped organize the Mexican Baptist Church of Cameron in 1925 and Battetown Baptist Church in 1945. The congregation is active in foreign missionary work and continues to serve the community.