First Christian Church of Rockdale
Milam County, Texas
30 39.358' N 97 00.194' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of Bell Avenue and Burleson Street. The church is on the southwest corner of the intersection. 231 N. Burleson Street.
Text: Organized in 1887, this church was first served by the Rev. A. J. Bush, Sr. (1846-1920), a Civil War veteran who was instrumental in establishing Christian churches in many areas of the state. Previous buildings on this site were replaced in 1958 by a new brick sanctuary, with volunteers from the congregation providing most of the labor. The church has been involved in local and foreign missionary activities for many years. Offering assistance to people in need, the First Christian Church continues to be an important part of the Rockdale community.