San Saba County, Texas
31 13.321' N 98 36.158' W
Historical Marker: This burial ground was apparently already in use in 1874 when A.J. and Ellen Crawford deeded it to trustees D.A. harris, A.J. Wells, James Wayland, F. Brookerson and W.L. Adams as part of a five-acre site to be used for a school and place of worship. The earliest dated grave is that of N.M. Baker (1819-1877). The 1868 stone of James L. Crawford, A.J. Crawford’s father, was relocated here from nearby Crawford-Whitehurst Cemetery after a flood but his remains are lost. A physical reminder of early San Saba County history, Harris Cemetery is maintained by an association and continues to serve the community.