Means Methodist Church
Andrews County, Texas
32 19.335' N 102 32.714' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of Avenue C and 2nd Street. The church is on the southwest corner of the intersection.
Text: (First church in Andrews County). Organized in 1907 by circuit preacher F. T. Pollard and seven charter members. The group held services in local school until 1912, when a one-room church was built, financed by donations of members, including a generous gift from rancher J. S. Means. All denominations were allowed to worship in this early structure. In 1944 the church (located 2 blocks W, 4 blocks S. of here, on main St.) burned and members once again met in the school. Present building was finished in 1946; educational building in 1955; and the modern sanctuary, capable of seating 700, in 1957.