Gillespie County, Texas
30 23.143' N 98 55.418' W
Text: Carl Durst (1851-1923) moved to this community in 1873 and built a one-room cabin. After marrying Emma Ruegner about 1877, he made a small addition. The Dursts donated land for the nearby Cherry Mountain School, and teachers often lived in the 1896 stone addition to this house. From 1912 to 1926, Herman Durst, Carl's cousin, owned the property. The Durst house is an evolutionary structure reflecting the changing needs of its occupants.