Benjamin Franklin and Mary Hay Langford, Jr. Home
Bandera County, Texas
29 43.684' N 99 04.189' W
407 Fourteenth Street
Text: Benjamin Franklin and Mary Hay Langford, Jr. Home Bandera's early settlers included Lyman Wight's Mormon colony, which arrived in 1854. In 1890, John and Jennie Davenport Miller bought this site from colonists George and Virgine Minear hay. George and early Bandera settler Isaac Berry Langford helped build a home for the Millers, who sold it in 1904 to children of the Hays and Langfords: Benjamin Franklin "Frank" Langford, Jr., and his bride, Mary Emma Hay. The couple added to the house over the years, converting the one-story, l-plan design into a two-story block structure. Frank and Mary were active in the community and donated land across the street for a Mormon church. The long-time Langford family home serves as a reminder of Bandera's early history.