Dona Patricia De La Garza De Leon (1775-1849)
Victoria County, Texas
28 48.683' N 97 00.506' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of Red River Street and Vine Street. The Evergreen Cemetery is on the southwest corner of the intersection.
Text: Came from Tamaulipas to Texas (then northernmost province of Mexico) about 1800, to be at the side of her husband, Don Martin de Leon, as he sought to obtain a Spanish grant to establish a civilized colony here. With her family of ten children, she was a patriot, loyal to the cause of Texas. Her home was a center of pioneer culture. Homesite was later given to St. Mary's Church.