Brandt Badger House
Burnet County, Texas 30
34.097' N 98 17.141' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of Avenue M and Johnson Street. The house is on the southwest corner of the intersection. 404 Avenue M.
Text: Brandt Badger (1839-1920), a veteran of the Confederate Army, moved to Burnet from Gonzales in 1885, and in 1887, helped found Marble Falls. He built this house in 1888 of granite from nearby "Granite Mountain". The stones were cut from quarry rubble remaining after the "shaping" of the blocks for the State Capitol building. The structure has 8 rooms and 6 fireplaces. Badger lived in the house until his death, and it was owned by the family until 1943.