Friendship United Methodist Church Cemetery
Milam County, Texas
30 47.764' N 97 12.180' W
Historical Marker: William T. Walker (1824 – 1885) was an early settler in this area, establishing a Methodist Church at Friendship in 1872 and serving as a trustee until his death in 1885. He was the first to be buried here. A year after Wesley Graham (1819 – 1901), responding to the community’s growing needs, deeded some five acres of land at this site for “church, parsonage, burial or other church purposes.” Today, this burial ground remains a chronicle of the pioneers, veterans and generations of families that settled in this area of Milam County. Since the 1940s an association has overseen its upkeep and affairs.