Winkler County, Texas
31 51.314' N 103 05.547' W
Text: 50 years of camp meetings, circuit riders, singings and Sunday Schools at ranches or schoolhouses filled settlers' religious needs. In 1928, when this church was organized, its sanctuary was 1910 courthouse, bought for a dollar. Present edifice--first brick building in Kermit--is on site of that first church, and was built by generous ranchers after oil discovery. Dedicated 1938. First resident pastor was C. Y. Butler.