Brown County, Texas
31 51.817' N 98 53.627 W
Historical Marker: William W. and Pency (Williams) Heflin settled here in 1875. According to local tradition the first burial was that of a child who died in 1876 from eating wild berries as his family camped on the Heflin's property. The earliest marked grave is that of Robert Bonine in 1876. A deed confirming the Heflins' donation of 4 acres for burial purposes was executed in 1928. Among the burials are many of the area's pioneer settlers and their descendants and veterans of wars ranging from the Civil War to World War II. The cemetery is maintained by an association established in 1976.