Jeff Davis County, Texas
30 35.328' N 103 53.634' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of Court Avenue and SH-17. The hotel is on the northeast corner of the intersection.
Historical Marker: Named for a nearby creek, was built here by the Union Trading Company in 1912. With a doctor's office, drugstore, stylish guest rooms, and spacious porches the hotel became a community social center where area news could be heard, a game of croquet played, or voting results observed. Guests included area ranchers and wealthy Texans, known locally as "Summer Swallows," who came for the cool summer climate. Converted for use as apartments and offices, the hotel housed Harvard University personnel for almost 25 years. The Hotel Limpia was reestablished in 1978.