J. D. Giddings Lodge No. 280, A. F. & A. M.
Lee County, Texas
30 10.900' N 96 56.133' W
Text: Chartered by the Grand Lodge of Texas in 1865, this Masonic Lodge had its beginnings in the community of Evergreen (about 5 mi. N). Relocated to the new town of Giddings in 1872 after the railroad bypassed Evergreen, the lodge has played an important part in the civic life of its adopted city. Over the years, lodge facilities have been shared with the public schools, as well as with a number of community organizations and governmental agencies. A new lodge hall was built at this site in 1969-70. The lodge continues to be an active part of the community. ."