Early Chapel Cemetery
Lee County, Texas
30 25.312' N 96 56.717' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of CR-408 and FM-696. Go 1 mile east on FM-696. Turn left on unpaved and unmarked road and go 1000 feet. The cemetery is on the right (west) side of the road.
Text: Site bought by Methodist Episcopal Church South in 1850, although some burials had occurred here previously. Buried here are San Jacinto heroes Capt. Jas. Shaw (founder of Lexington) and Wm. Hawkins; Civil War veterans; Mrs. R. Y. King, wife of first Lee County judge. Contains special section for slaves.