Belvin Street Historic District
Hays County, Texas
29 52.491' N 097 56.340' W
Text: This street was named in 1876 for the Rev. R. H. Belvin, president of Coronal Institute, 1870-1875. San Marcos, founded in 1845, was acquiring better architecture by the 1870s. This district now (1976) retains historic structures: the Belvin home, built 1875; the O. T. Brown house, 1878; the houses of J. S. Davis and S. R. Kone, Jr., built 1886; Mrs. A. J. Wood's home, 1888; the homes of J. F. McGehee, H. G. Talmadge and E. L. Thomas, 1889; the J. L. Malone house, 1891; the Joe Earnest house, 1892; the G. T. McGehee house, 1895. Also in this district are distinctive houses of the early 1900s.