Cooks Point United Methodist Church
Burleson County, Texas
30 34.761' N 96 38.281' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of CR-214 and SH-21. Go 300 yards west on SH-21. The church is on the left (south) side of the road.
Text: This congregation began in 1881 to serve the German speaking population in the area. Organized largely through the efforts of Anna Duewall, who had come to Burleson County with her family in 1880, the fellowship originally was known as the German Methodist Church, Caldwell. The Rev. Jacob Ott served as first pastor. Worship services were held in the members' homes until a sanctuary was built in 1883. The congregation adopted the name Cooks Point in the 1940s and continues to play an important role in the surrounding rural area.