Burleson County, Texas
30 35.768' N 96 36.630' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of SH-21 and CR-216. The marker is on the northeast corner of the intersection.
Text: Founded about 1840 where colonial road from southeast crossed San Antonio Road. Settler Gabriel Jackson had two-story log cabin-trading post here. Community was named for Silas L. Cooke, who surveyed much land in this vicinity. It is now a thriving rural village.