Community of Snook
Burleson County, Texas
30 29.452' N 96 27.996' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of FM-2155 and FM-2155 Loop. The markers is on the south side of the intersection.
Text: Settled 1880s by Czech immigrants. First called "Sebesta's Corner". In 1895 named "Snook" for John Snook, who helped secure post office. Soon had a one-room school, a "masova schuza" (slaughterhouse), a cooperative store, and lodge for "Czechoslovak Benevolent Society".