Burleson County C.S.A.
Burleson County, Texas
30 31.900' N 96 41.618' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of Buck Street and Main Street. The marker is on the northwest corner of the intersection on the courthouse grounds.
Text: On Feb. 23, 1861, citizens voted for secession, 422 to 84. On March 1, the "Burleson Guards" organized and offered its services to the state. Most "Guards" were mustered into Co. G, 2nd Texas Infantry Regt., and others served in Walker's Texas Division, Waul's Legion, Terry's Rangers, and Hood's Brigade. On the home front, the 3rd Regt., 18th Brigade, Texas State Troops, was organized to protect local citizens, and the County Commissioners Court provided funds to supply food and other necessities to the families of soldiers fighting in the war.