Ebenezer Baptist Church and Cemetery
Limestone County, Texas
31 16.128' N 96 30.033' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of CR-462 and SH-7. Go 1 miles south on CR-462. The cemetery is on the right (west) side of the road.
Text: The Ebenezer Baptist Church was organized in 1865 to serve the Head's Prairie and Headsville communities. Delegates to the Trinity Baptist Association meeting that year were J. R. Bullard, William Samuel Clark, and Thomas Seale Head, with the Rev. J. W. Kinnard as pastor. Membership grew from 41 in 1865 to 210 in 1897, but by 1958 membership had declined so that the congregation disbanded. The adjacent cemetery has served residents in this part of Limestone County since at least 1876, when both B. F. Brooks and Charley Owen were buried there.