Limestone County, Texas
31 41.310' N 96 52.552' W
Directions: Start at the intersection of CR-110 and CR-104. Go .2 miles west on CR-110. The marker is on the right (north) side of the road.
Text: Tennessee native E. J. Billington settled in this area with his family in 1854. In 1890 he sold one-half acre of land to John Ellison and Gus Haney on which a church and cemetery were established. The first recorded burial was that of John Sanders in 1890. Named for Billington, the nearby town was once a thriving community with a school, post office, and several stores. In 1900 additional land was purchased from the Billington estate for the cemetery, which contains 115 marked graves and 12-15 unmarked graves. The Billington Cemetery continues to serve the area.